Last updated 1 year ago
Porcelain tile is an excellent design solution for any home because it is affordable, durable, and versatile. The look of wood, marble, granite, and other natural materials can be beautifully mimicked by porcelain at a much lower cost than the materials themselves. Porcelain tiles can also be crafted with raised designs, making them a suitable solution for accenting a kitchen backsplash or bathroom counter.
The functionality of porcelain
Because it is able to withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures without cracking or fading, porcelain tile is a popular choice for outdoor landscaping. Tiles designed for outdoor use are manufactured to have non-slip surfaces, so they are safe in any weather condition. Inside the home, porcelain is a beautiful feature that provides a high level of moisture resistance, which hinders the growth of mold. Still, the most desirable feature of porcelain remains its versatility in design. Here are just some of the ways that you can utilize porcelain tile in the home:
- Calacatta Porcelain Shower: Calacatta porcelain tiles have a matte finish to resemble the look of marble. You can transform your master bathroom into a lavish spa setting using these timeless tiles. Because they wipe clean easily and quickly, they are perfect for the bathroom.
- Provenza Lignes Outdoor Deck: The realistic wood look of Provenza Lignes tile is ideal for a deck or patio because it has all the aesthetic qualities of beautifully grained wood without the worries of weather damage or sealing.
- Modern Living Room with Cesar Glam Flooring: The sleek look of Cesar Glam tiles is perfectly suited for modern design. The smooth lines and rich colors of this line of designer flooring can provide the ideal muted subtlety you expect from modern style.
No matter what look you want to achieve with porcelain tiles, you can find the right materials at Mission Stone & Tile. We have a wide range of high fashion flooring solutions offered at unbeatable prices. Learn more about us on our website or call (888) 815-2375.
Last updated 1 year ago
Whether it is used as a flooring solution or a decorative accent throughout the home, tile can increase the value of your home with elegant style. The large selection of tile from Mission Stone & Tile includes choices fit for any design on any budget. Check us out on our website or give us a call at (888) 815-2375.
- Learn how to clean natural stone tile with these tips from the World Floor Covering Association.
- Good Housekeeping offers advice on choosing the right area rug.
- For design ideas to use outdoors, visit LandscapingNetwork.com.
Last updated 1 year ago
Glass is a wonderful material for tile because it is available in any imaginable color at an affordable cost. Glass mosaic tile designs are a bright and fun accent that can bring life into your home.
This video from HGTV shows the installation of a glass mosaic backsplash completed with decorative marbles. The job is a manageable DIY task that can be completed in just a day. By working in small sections and cutting sheets of glass tile ahead of time, you can create a great design with ease.
If you want to include glass tile in your kitchen, then check out the selections from Mission Stone & Tile. See what we have to offer on our website or give us a call at (888) 815-2375.
Last updated 1 year ago
A home remodel can bring new life to your house while boosting your home’s value, but a drastic change is not always affordable. Because flooring is such a major aspect of interior design, it can consume a large portion of the budget. You can cut your costs significantly by taking advantage of the rotating Little Gems tiles, available for $1.99/square foot from Mission Stone & Tile. Here is how this ongoing sale works:
- Each day, new tiles are made available: The stock of Little Gems rotates quickly, as they sell rather quickly. Fortunately, new tiles are featured daily, so there is always a premium selection. Tiles included in the Little Gems inventory range from elegant porcelain to rugged travertine styles.
- Pricing is secured with a purchase: Due to the high demand of these exceptionally priced tiles, the cost is only guaranteed through a purchase.
Discounted flooring is only one way to save money when remodeling your home. With a little knowhow and dedication, you can reduce labor costs by doing some of the craftsmanship yourself. Cut back on your materials costs with the tips listed below:
- Use high-priced materials as accents: If you are set on a high-end designer tile, then use it as an accent feature for a backsplash or counter.
- Give a facelift to existing features: Instead of tearing out cabinets in the bathroom or kitchen, it may be practical to repaint them and install new hardware. This can provide a new look without heavy spending.
- Use durable materials: Consider the maintenance costs of the materials you choose to incorporate in your design. The money you save on cleaning and repair costs in the future may make investments such as porcelain tile and marble countertops worth the cost.
No matter what your budget is, Mission Stone & Tile can supply you with materials for your project. We have a wide variety of tiles fit for any home design. Check out our inventory on our website or call us at (888) 815-2375.
Last updated 2 years ago
Bare walls can be dramatically updated to modernize the style of any room with the use of Lithos Design carved stone tiles. The unique, multi-dimensional look of these tiles is perfect for accent walls or entire rooms. Each tile fits together seamlessly to create a smooth, intricate pattern that immediately draws the eye.
Finding the right color and shape
Carved stone is available in designs featuring curved lines, dramatic waves, and geometrical shapes, so it can easily flow with any style. Colors range from simple, crisp white to rich, earthly tones and dark neutrals. If you choose to cover a whole room with the textured stone, then a muted tone is ideal. For accent walls, a saturated color is more appropriate. The unique and innovative look of carved tiles is appropriate for use both in the office and in the home.
- Home: Because the carved design already draws the eyes, walls featuring stone tiles need little decoration. They fit beautifully into modern rooms featuring metal adorned furniture, large windows, and angular lines. Modern style emphasizes elegance in simplicity, which makes the sleek lines of designer walls a suitable addition. Use specifically angled lighting from the ceiling to emphasize the shadow created by the texturized stone.
- Office: Update the look of your workplace by featuring Lithos Tiles in client waiting areas to present an edgy appeal. Conference rooms and private offices can also benefit from the presence of carved stone where displaying artwork may not be appropriate or practical.
For more design inspiration, visit the tile experts of Mission Stone & Tile. We have a wide selection of porcelain, stone, and glass tiles in stock at unbeatable prices. Check out our website or call us at (888) 815-2375 to see what we can offer to your home upgrades.